Terms & Conditions of Sale
Last updated January 7, 2021
Lily PNG Magazine is a product brand of Pacific Islands Publishing (PIP), a division of Moore Business Systems (PNG) Limited, and is a women’s fashion and lifestyle magazine that is sold and distributed in print and digital versions in Papua New Guinea and around the world. In providing this product, PIP owns and operates www.lilypngmagazine.com.pg (the “site”). Please read these terms and conditions carefully before purchasing a digital copy or subscription of the magazine. By purchasing a copy from this site, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Variation to Terms and Conditions
Lily PNG Magazine may vary these terms and conditions at any time by updating them. Any variations will only apply to magazine purchases made after these terms and conditions have been updated.
Refunds, exchanges & replacements
Lily PNG Magazine cannot refund, cancel or exchange magazine subscriptions, so please choose carefully. Digital content and other downloaded purchases are not returnable. However, if you are having compatibility or quality issues with your content, please contact us for assistance at email@example.com or by calling +675 321 0000 during business hours and asking for the Lily PNG Magazine website administrator.
Magazines may not, without the prior written consent of Lily PNG Magazine, be resold or offered for resale at a premium (including via on-line auction or other unauthorised resale sites) or used for advertising, promotion or other commercial purposes (including competitions and trade promotions) or to enhance the demand for other goods or services. If a magazine is sold or used in breach of this condition, the buyer may be refused further purchases.
SCALPING WARNING: The resale of magazines above the advertised sale value may attract criminal penalties.
The term "including" when used in these Terms and Conditions is not a term of limitation.
We Respect Your Privacy.
What kinds of personal information does Lily PNG Magazine collect and hold?
The kinds of personal information that we collect will vary depending upon our interaction with you but may include:
• your name, address and other contact details (like your telephone number);
• your email address;
• your date of birth;
• your gender;
• transaction details relating to any purchase(s) that you have made with us or that have been made on your behalf;
• credit card details, if you make an online purchase or have an online account;
• your Lily PNG Magazine account username, and any preferences that you select; and
• any other personal information which may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us.
How does Lily PNG Magazine collect personal information?
Generally, we collect personal information when you:
• make a purchase through our website;
• purchase or renew your subscription;
• participate in a Lily PNG Magazine survey, competition, promotion or other marketing campaign;
• indicate that you wish to receive news, offers or other marketing material from Lily PNG Magazine; and
• make an inquiry or a complaint.
Sometimes we collect personal information about you from other sources, for example:
• people making a purchase on your behalf;
• our business clients such as advertisers;
• third party suppliers and contractors who assist us to operate our business, such as information technology suppliers; and
• publicly available sources of information.
Also, from time-to-time Lily PNG Magazine collects personal information about individuals who are not customers. This is usually where we collect the name and business contact details of a person who is the contact in a government agency or company with whom we deal. Lily PNG Magazine's policy is to only use personal information collected from non-customers for the main business purpose for which it was collected.
How does Lily PNG Magazine hold personal information?
Lily PNG Magazine may hold your personal information in electronic or hard copy format or a combination of both. This personal information may be combined or linked with other information held about, or which we attribute to, you, including:
• information (personal or otherwise) that we collect from our website (as described below in relation to "Cookies, Tracking and Advertising") or from third parties; and
• personal information we receive from our group companies and client businesses, who, in common with us, have a relationship with you and where we understand that you have consented to such group companies and client businesses sharing your personal information with us. We have taken a number of physical, electronic and procedural steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Data collected online is stored in a Microsoft SQL database; a protected, secure data centre that is unreachable via the internet. Lily PNG Magazine encrypts data sent from your computer to our systems during internet transactions. Lily PNG Magazine also employs firewalls, intrusion detection systems and virus scanning tools to protect against unauthorised persons and viruses from entering our systems. Lily PNG Magazine employees are required, as a condition of their employment, to treat personal information held by Lily PNG Magazine as confidential, and to maintain the confidentiality of that personal information.
What are the purposes for which Lily PNG Magazine may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information?
Generally, Lily PNG Magazine only uses personal information for the primary purpose for which we have collected it, or for another closely related secondary purpose. Our potential uses of personal information which Lily PNG Magazine collects (and for which you consent to us using your personal information for) may include:
• to process and fulfill your orders for magazines (or other items) from us;
• so that we can promote our products and services to you and the products and services of third parties that we deal with;
• detecting and preventing fraud and unauthorised magazine on-selling;
• for business research and development of new products and services, including for subscribers and our business clients;
• displaying content and advertising that is customised to your interests, preferences and experiences, including through online targeted marketing, data and audience matching and market segmentation activities;
• verifying your identity;
• so that we can respond to inquiries and complaint handling;
• for the conduct of data analytics and predicting trends;
• marketing services in connection with the products and services we provide; and
• to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations and enforce our legal rights. Sometimes Lily PNG Magazine will produce aggregated data. Lily PNG Magazine may also receive aggregated data from its third-party suppliers and contractors or business customers. This aggregated data does not identify individuals. Lily PNG Magazine uses, and may combine, the aggregated data it produces and receives for research purposes and in connection with products and services we provide to our business clients.
Who might Lily PNG Magazine disclose my personal information to?
Lily PNG Magazine may disclose your personal information:
• to other Moore Business Systems (PNG) Limited divisions or subsidiary companies and their contractors (such as data management providers). Lily PNG Magazine may disclose your personal information to these entities for the purposes of, for example, ensuring that information collected is accurate, complete and up-to-date;
• to third-party contractors and service providers who help us operate our business or provide a service to you. Lily PNG Magazine may disclose your personal information to third-party contractors and service providers who, for example, help us operate our computer systems, provide us with fraud prevention services, operate certain features accessible from our website, send out our email and clean collected data and who perform data analysis to group demographic attributes of individuals. Otherwise, Lily PNG Magazine will only disclose your personal information:
• where we are required to do so by law;
• if the disclosure is permitted under the Privacy Act.; or
• if you have consented to the disclosure.
What happens if Lily PNG Magazine does not collect my personal information?
Where it is lawful and practicable to do so, we will give you the option of not providing personal information, or of using a pseudonym, when you deal with Lily PNG Magazine. However, if we do not collect personal information about you at the point of sale or when you interact with us, this could impact the level of service we can provide to you, for example, we will not be able to contact you in the case of upcoming promotions or we may not be able to properly respond to your inquiry or investigate your complaint or fully process your transaction. Sometimes our website contains links to third-party websites, for your convenience and information. We suggest that you review the privacy policies of each site you visit.
Access and Correction
You have a right to request access to the personal information that Lily PNG Magazine holds about you and seek its correction. We will not charge you for making such a request but will let you know if there is a cost for supplying you with access to or correcting the personal information. We aim to respond to requests for access or correction within 30 days. There are certain situations where we may refuse to provide you with access to or correct your personal information but we will always let you know in writing if this is the case.
Credit / Debit Cards